If you’re just getting started in sailing and want to dip your toes in, then this course is for you. We’ll “show you the ropes” so to speak – but actually, we’ll show you a lot more than just the ropes.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE ONLINE NAUTICED INTRODUCTION TO SAILING COURSE
- Terminology and Communication
- Parts of the boat
- Sailing the boat
- Raising and Lowering the Sails
- The Rules of Giveway
- Maneuvering the boat in the Marina
- Safety on Board
We guarantee both your satisfaction AND Lifetime access to any sailing course you buy from us.
MORE ABOUT THIS ONLINE INTRODUCTION TO SAILING COURSE
- Available online
- Essential basic knowledge for sailing at the beginner level for keelboats 21 ft (6.5 m) and above
- Contains interactive animations and high-quality photos and graphics
- This sailing course takes approximately 3 hours of total time to complete
- Take as long as you need to complete
- Return as many times as you like to review
- Adds the Basic Sailing Course Endorsement to your Sailing Certificate
- Free eLogbook and sailing resume building tool included
Some more complex topics like navigation and tides are left to our more advanced courses. But for now, the information covered here will give you everything you need to know to get out on the water with an instructor or friend/partner/spouse to get you going.