We guarantee both your satisfaction AND Lifetime access to any sailing course you buy
MORE ABOUT THIS QUALIFIED CREW MEMBER SAILING COURSE
- Learn to contribute as a crew member on a modern 24 – 50 ft sailboat
- This Sailing Course takes approximately 7 hours of theory time to complete
- Take as long as you need to complete
- Return as many times as you like to review
- Take the online test as many times as you like
- You will then participate in a two-day on-water practical exercise
- Add the Qualified Crew Member Endorsement to your Sailing Certificate
Upon completion, you will feel confident in your ability to understand the workings of a sailboat and enjoy contributing as a knowledgeable crew member. There are tips on how to hold a straight course when at the helm, sail trimming, rules of the road so you’re not second-guessing who has to give way, and just what the heck does that blue rope do?
Please note: If you’re considering doing more than crewing on a sailboat then we recommend that you jump right in and take the Skipper Course instead. If you’ve still got questions about Mandurah Yacht Academy, NauticEd, the courses, and/or the sailing certifications, just contact us via email or phone; we’re happy to help.
The first step on the Keelboat pathway introduces you to the basics of sailing on a keelboat, including boat handling, safety, and sailing theory. In the combined course, you will also experience and develop the theory and practical skills to confidently take control of the helm.
7 hours of pre-online theory course work + 2 days on water practical
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for participants who wish to begin sailing in a keelboat. Learn the basics of crewing and helming! All the equipment and gear will be provided by your qualified instructor.
All NauticEd qualifications are competency-based. On the successful completion of the online theory and the practical part of the course, you will receive a QUALIFIED CREW RANK.