Try Virtual Reality Sailing!
Learn sailing knowledge and skills “hands-on” in Virtual Reality – progressing through “Self Mastery” modules as part of NauticEd’s best-in-class training programs. Available now on Meta Quest.
- Sail Trim
- Maximizing Speed
- The No Go Zone
- Points of Sail
- Sailing using the Wind Vane
- Sailing a Course
MORE ABOUT THIS VIRTUAL REALITY SAILING COURSE
- Fully immersive: Sailors are literally “on the boat” in a true 3D environment, first-person perspective with authentic sail and steering controls, and utilizing real-world physics to learn and sail.
- Self-paced: Return and repeat as many times as you like. The course time is about 2 hours.
- Competence building: Increase your skills and confidence. Add VR to your NauticEd online Sailing Resume.
- Combined practice with FUN: This course is included in MarineVerse Cup and gives you access to more sailing and races to relax and apply your skills.
- Join the MarineVerse: Become a part of a virtual worldwide community of like-minded sailors who connect for virtual racing and events.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND VIRTUAL REALITY SAILING
- Practice for better retention: Sail simulation in an immersive Virtual Reality creates muscle memory by engaging mind and body – enhancing learning and retention, similar to pilots training in simulators.
- No cost of mistakes: This is a safe environment to practice in without risk —a more relaxed learning environment.
- Accelerate your online + on-the-water training: VR is the perfect complement to other practical classes and enables faster skill acquisition and better retention.
- Simply, it’s just FUN!! This is a good excuse to get a Quest VR headset (plenty more “super cool” games and features on Meta Quest). If you’re new to VR, you’ll be amazed at the realism!