IN THIS COASTAL NAVIGATION COURSE YOU WILL LEARN
- The Charts and how to use navigation tools True north and magnetic north – and variation and deviation
- Determining your position using various techniques such as dead reckoning, running fixes, and triangulation
- What to do with your GPS position to get you to your destination Extensive explanation and working with tides including apps and online digital data
- Rate and Direction from wind, tides, and current
- How to simply determine your heading based on Rate and Direction
We guarantee both your satisfaction AND Lifetime access to any sailing course you buy from us.
MORE ABOUT THIS COASTAL NAVIGATION SAILING CLINIC
- Extensive and essential knowledge for Coastal Navigation
- This Sailing Course takes approximately 10 hours of total time to complete
- Take as long as you need to complete
- Return as many times as you like to review
- Take the online test as many times as you like
- Adds Coastal Navigation Endorsement to your Sailing resume
- Essential for Bareboat Chartering Knowledge
- Required for the Mediterranean license (SLC)
(Note this is a real chart-based course. You will need the long Island Sound chart and your own plotting tools. The chart you can buy online for approximately $20. If you have your own plotting tools you can use those. Alternatively, you can download the chart yourself for free and take it to a print store or you can get the full navigation pack ($49) from Amazon which contains the chart, a rotating protractor-plotter, and a set of compass dividers. Full details are listed in the course.
If you are considering this course you should also consider our Electronic Navigation course. Both courses combined provide fundamental sailing navigation while also giving you knowledge of how to best use today’s hi-tech tools. Electronic Navigation is FREE with the Bareboat Charter Master and Captain Bundle of courses.